Hollywood, Bollywood, Kollywood Dvdrip Movies, BlueRay Movies, MP3 Songs, Movie Pics

January 11, 2009

Warne's comment on the 'ball of the century'.


Although I did not hold the hype surrounding the ball in that high a regard, its hard not to look forward to Warne's own description of that ball. "I am not sure a single delivery could change a person's life. But in a second or so it took to leave my hand, swerve to pitch outside legstump, fizz past the batsman's lunge forward and clip off stump my life did change." Botham has later said that Gatting has not looked that horrified since his lunch was stolen from him. Cricket fans who saw the ball would admit that it was an orthodox leg spin stock delivery just that it had a big ass turn. Warne says "the best leg breaks should curve into the right-hander through the air if they are spun hard enough..although I didn't realize how far it had deviated until I saw the replay". Moving on to the topic of Warne's gurus. Shane Warne' s relationship with Terry Jenner is often talked about in glowing terms by the media. I guess, when the media describes someone as a famous cricketer's guru, we should understand the guru to be an occasional consultant. Ramakant Achrekar comes to mind. Warne describes what the media skipped. When Warne met TJ, Terry had just been released from 18 months of prison sentence for bank embezzlement. Warne describes, in his own inimitable style, why he liked Terry Jenner, "He liked beer and a good time. When he said something I listened, which was not the case with other coaches at the Academy. It helped that TJ could do everything he suggested to me. Suggested is an important word because he never presented his way as the only way. In what I found to be an over-strict regime, it was refreshing to meet somebody who did not impose his methods on me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment